Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Install bidet on toilet

Dunno if this went through. It's not showing up. Try again.

Looking for real-world experience installing a bidet on existing
toilet. Basically, it's a spray nozzle attached to the water supply.
If anybody's done this, wd appreciate your sharing brand purchased and
if installation was complicated.

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/06/2010 09:47 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
Dunno if this went through. It's not showing up. Try again.

Looking for real-world experience installing a bidet on existing
toilet. Basically, it's a spray nozzle attached to the water supply.
If anybody's done this, wd appreciate your sharing brand purchased and
if installation was complicated.

TIA

I've not installed one, but they're apparently popular in Japan. Toto
is one brand that I've seen; the whole assembly just replaces the seat.
Installation *appears* fairly straightforward; looks like just one
water connection and one power connection. Japanese power is fairly
comparable to that of the US, so it's not inconceivable that you might
find someone importing them. I find the thing fairly creepy, myself,
but that may just be because I'm not used to having little robotic
squirter things moving about under my bum.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 6, 7:02*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
[...]

The Toto one is available in the US. I know of at least one person
with one. I didnt' get it when I changed the toilet to Toto.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 18:47:26 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson wrote:

Dunno if this went through. It's not showing up. Try again.

Looking for real-world experience installing a bidet on existing
toilet. Basically, it's a spray nozzle attached to the water supply.
If anybody's done this, wd appreciate your sharing brand purchased and
if installation was complicated.

TIA

I have had one of these for three years:
http://www.faucetdirect.com/toto-sw554-washlet/p374474?source=gba|374474&CAWELAID=79545064
or:
http://xrl.in/5sme

Use Google and you will find cheaper prices.

Very easy to install.

Great product. I really like it.

Following your mother's advice and always wearing clean underwear in case
you have an accident and are sent to the emergency ward is no longer
enough. Now that the police strip search without much provocation, you
should always have a clean anus, also.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Dunno if this went through. It's not showing up. Try again.

Looking for real-world experience installing a bidet on existing
toilet. *Basically, it's a spray nozzle attached to the water supply.
If anybody's done this, wd appreciate your sharing brand purchased and
if installation was complicated.

TIA

You can make your own. *Just attach the water inlet to a piece of 3/4"
copper tubing. *Put a valve in line. *Bend the tubing to fit to the
rear of the seat. *Let it stick up about a foot above the seat. *When
you finish taking a ****, sit on the pipe and let it go all the way up
your asshole. *When it's all the way up your butt hole, turn on the
valve and let it do the cleaning. *If you want, you could rig this up
so the water comes out the pipe when you flush the toilet. *This way
you can flush the toilet and your asshole at the same time.

Note, if brown water starts coming out of your mouth, it's time to
shut off the valve.

Does your mommy know you are playing with her computer?

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 7, 6:05*am, Kuskokwim wrote:
[...]

I did look on-line, but those prices are out of my range.
I have seen kits that just involve attaching to the water line, and
they have
the manual nozzle that I would prefer, rather than a built-in spray.

Thanks to (almost) all for input.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Higgs Boson wrote:
Dunno if this went through. It's not showing up. Try again.

Looking for real-world experience installing a bidet on existing
toilet. Basically, it's a spray nozzle attached to the water supply.
If anybody's done this, wd appreciate your sharing brand purchased and
if installation was complicated.

TIA

We put a Toto washlet unit when we redid our bathroom. It is very nice:
adjustable warm water, an air dryer, a deodorizer, and a heated seat.

Some of the considerations were that it fits only certain model toilets
(not a problem for us as we were getting a new toilet, too.), it needs
an electric outlet right by the toilet (these are rare, so you will have
a wiring job also, and it was fairly costly (Toto's are not an economy
product). Water supply was no problem, as it runs off the tank supply
(the water is heated electrically). And you need a convenient place to
hang the wireless controller. I think other manufacturers make them,
such as panasonic, and might cost less than the Toto, but our Toto has
performed flawlessly for over 7 years now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Notat Home wrote:

Higgs Boson wrote:
[...]

I confess to not understanding the appeal of a bidet. I think if I
needed one, what I'd really need is a shower.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-07-27, Smitty Two wrote:

I confess to not understanding the appeal of a bidet. I think if I
needed one, what I'd really need is a shower.

Hmmm.... This thread is quite enlightening. You folks may have
helped solve a worsening health problem.

I'm my mom's caretaker, as she is getting older and beginning to
suffer from senile dementia and will probably end up with terminal
alzheimers, like her mom. Recently, she has begun suffering a health
problem due to her inability, physically and/or mentally, to
properly clean herself adequately. This can develop into a severe
rash that requires first aid and has already, on one occasion,
progressed to the point of hospitalization, yet she still vehemently
resists any assistance. A bidet might be just the solution. I don't
know why I didn't think of it before. Thank you, very much.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
-snip-

I confess to not understanding the appeal of a bidet. I think if I
needed one, what I'd really need is a shower.

I've got an arthritic back, and so far I haven't been unable to reach
where I need to, but I can definitely see where a bidet might be in
my future.

Wash- and dry. 2 things I might not be able to do even in a shower.

Problem is, every time I try to test drive one of them on a display .
.. . .g

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-07-27, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Problem is, every time I try to test drive one of them on a display .
. . .g

heh heh....

I knew there was a reason why the never really caught on in The
States.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-07-27, Notat Home wrote:

We put a Toto washlet unit when we redid our bathroom. It is very nice:
adjustable warm water, an air dryer, a deodorizer, and a heated seat.

Some of the considerations were that it fits only certain model toilets
(not a problem for us as we were getting a new toilet, too.), it needs

OK, a serious question. Is the Toto strictly a seat add-on? At
$1000+, I'd think you'd get the actual toilet, too. I am looking at
the washlet version, as a plain bidet next to an existing toilet is not
possible in a park model home bathroom.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 26, 11:18*pm, Smitty Two wrote:

I confess to not understanding the appeal of a bidet. I think if I
needed one, what I'd really need is a shower.

Ummm, maybe your, errr, technique needs some tweaking. I hardly
_ever_ poop all over myself!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 27, 8:43*am, notbob wrote:

OK, a serious question. *Is the Toto strictly a seat add-on? *At
$1000+, I'd think you'd get the actual toilet, too. *I am looking at
the washlet version, as a plain bidet next to an existing toilet is not
possible in a park model home bathroom.

Toto makes several models of Washlets - and the prices range from a
fair bit to quite a bit. The toilets are sold separately. There are
alternatives, but I have no experience with them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/DUO-BIDET-WOMAN-...-/220641517656
http://cgi.ebay.com/DAEWON-BIDET-SEA...-/190420828223
etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 7, 9:05*am, Kuskokwim wrote:
[...]

Why? If I'm gonna get violated without provocation, why should I
provide a clean environment for said violation?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
Smitty Two wrote:
-snip-

I confess to not understanding the appeal of a bidet. I think if I
needed one, what I'd really need is a shower.

I've got an arthritic back, and so far I haven't been unable to reach
where I need to, but I can definitely see where a bidet might be in
my future.

There are a variety of exercises and poss. even supplements that can help,
depending depending.
I make apparatus that deals with this kind of problem, for my own very dicey
back.

Also, they make inversion tables, that you may have seen on HSN, QVC, etc.
Very over-priced, you can find Weider's online for $99, I got one from Sam's
or Costco for $129, a while back.

This is not a rah-rah-rah hup-two-three-four let's-get-fit-and-have-fun
shpiel. There's some real biomechanics/physiology to this, that can really
help -- depending depending.
--
EA

Wash- and dry. 2 things I might not be able to do even in a shower.

Problem is, every time I try to test drive one of them on a display .
. . .g

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Notat Home" wrote in message
Higgs Boson wrote:
[...]

Funny -- Toto is childhood slang in Spanich, meaning approx. the same as
"nookie".

They should also offer a Culo....

Yeah, as asstutely pointed out in this thread, bidets can be semi-assential,
in numerous asspects.

Hemorrhoid sufferers would find these not only very very useful, but proly
part and parcel of the healing process itself.
However, for walking hemorrhoids, like ****ty Two and Ricodjour, indeed a
full-body shower -- and private therapy -- would be more appropriate.

Overall, bidets really are quite the hygienic innovation, a longtime, uh,
fixture in Europe, but apparently a little asspersional to Merkins.

I wonder if one of these is appropriate for the guest bathroom?
Heh, I think company would NEVER leave, with one of those.... Hey, whats
takin so long in there.....
Mebbe I could make it coin operated.....

Oh, btw, diet and the right kind of exercise (NOT heavy squats, dats f'sure)
can almost eliminate hemorrhoids in some individuals, as well deal with
stiff backs, but bidets sure would be an, uh, asset for the occasional flare
up.
--
EA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 6, 9:47*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
Dunno if this went through. It's not showing up. Try again.

Looking for real-world experience installing a bidet on existing
toilet. *Basically, it's a spray nozzle attached to the water supply.
If anybody's done this, wd appreciate your sharing brand purchased and
if installation was complicated.

TIA

A lot of people have a bath tub right next to the toilet in at least
one bathroom. It seems that there should be a product that you could
hook to the faucet in the tub and control from there, not unlike a
rubber shower nozzle that you can slide over the tub faucet to allow
you to rinse your hair or back while taking a bath. Heck, one of
those rubber shower nozzles might be the cheapest solution (assuming
the tub is in proximity to the potty). This might be a sloppy
solution with overspray, though.

Mike

Toilet with built in bidet SidKnee UK diy 10 June 6th 14 08:44 AM
New toilet install problem. Baz UK diy 0 May 4th 10 05:04 PM
Toilet install N O Home Repair 17 February 27th 08 12:02 AM
install toilet on concrete slab [email protected] Home Repair 2 February 28th 07 11:05 PM
toilet install edee em Home Repair 1 July 12th 03 07:14 PM