Posted to alt.home.repair
DanH DanH is offline

Default Washing machine leaking - info please

On Jul 25, 6:50*am, "Bob-tx" wrote:
Have a 10 year old Maytag top load washer that is leaking about two
quarts of water per wash load. * *Leak is not coming from input
hoses. *So, I suspect a problem where the drain hose attaches.

At my age, it is hard to lay down on the floor to look under there
(and even harder to get back up), so I am wondering if there is any
problem with tipping the washer over on its side or tummy.

Advice appreciated - thanks.

Bob-tx

The older Maytags had a backflow preventer (a rubber thingine inside a
tube) over the edge of the tub that would go bad every 10 years or so
and dribble a little water out while filling., That may be the
problem here.

Also, on the older Maytags you could pull off the front of the machine
by removing two screws near the bottom of the front panel. Servicing
those machines was a breeze compared to others I've worked on. Don't
know if the newer machines are the same (the old machines just keep
working, so I don't find out).