Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default HF "Lifetime Guaranty"

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 20:07:55 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 21:48:04 -0400, Gerald Miller
wrote the following:

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:12:22 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
What..no store close to you?

Right! They are getting closer - there is now one an hour away.

Ive never had an issue returning and
exchanging an item. Some were rather expensive too.

Welding helmets, cordless drills and so forth.

I've only ever had one more-expensive tool break (an electric sheet
metal shears) and they paid they return shipping. But that was 'way
back. I would have returned a combination wrench set 'cause of the poor
fit on the box ends, but generally I consider poor quality stuff a case
of getting what I paid for.

In fact..I bought one of their cordless drills on a whim, came with two
batteries. Used it heavily for a year and it died..well..started making
lots of noise in the gear box. I brought it in, they handed me another
one and when I asked about the 2 batteries..I was allowed to keep them
as well, for a total of 4 batteries. G.

You're shameless G. Tell me, have you been finding the HF store dark
& locked when you reach the door? another G

Bob

Went into the HF store in Fort Gratiot Mi. yesterday to pick up a box
of 100 assorted nut rivets (#2972) @ $9.99, armed with a 20% coupon
and a flashlight coupon. Walked out ten minutes later having spent
$3.99 plus tax. New math?

Can you Canucks not understand sales? They're on sale for $4.97 and
the flashlight is free. $4.97 x 0.8 = $3.976, so they overcharged you
by a penny (and change.) You're right, new math, Gerry.

I didn't know they were on sale or I might have bought more. As it is,
I already have a lifetime supply. The same purchase would have been
close to $20 at Princess Auto. I'm Happy!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada