Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Washing machine leaking - info please

In article ,
"Bob-tx" wrote:

Have a 10 year old Maytag top load washer that is leaking about two
quarts of water per wash load. Leak is not coming from input
hoses. So, I suspect a problem where the drain hose attaches.

At my age, it is hard to lay down on the floor to look under there
(and even harder to get back up), so I am wondering if there is any
problem with tipping the washer over on its side or tummy.

Advice appreciated - thanks.

Bob-tx

Two quarts is more than I would expect from bad drain hose routing, but
it's the easiest thing to check. Make sure the drain hose has a service
loop that extends above the level of the tub. My jury rigged hose
support has come loose a few times and left me with a fair amount of
water on the floor.

Also on my washer, I can see the drain hose connection point just by
looking down behind the washer.