Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Washing machine leaking - info please

"Bob-tx" wrote in message
Have a 10 year old Maytag top load washer that is leaking about two quarts
of water per wash load. Leak is not coming from input hoses. So, I
suspect a problem where the drain hose attaches.

At my age, it is hard to lay down on the floor to look under there (and
even harder to get back up), so I am wondering if there is any problem
with tipping the washer over on its side or tummy.

Advice appreciated - thanks.

Bob-tx

As suggested, you can try finding the panel to take off, or just take off
the hoses, unplug it, pull it out a bit, and tilt it back 45 degrees, being
sure to put a safety board in there. If you can get a look at the
underneath, the leak is usually obvious.

Steve