Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Advice for converting Sears Craftsman 220V compressor plug towashing machine plug

On 7/25/2010 9:26 AM, Elmo wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 08:38:16 -0500, Steve Barker wrote:
Here's a better comparison, scroll down to the 20a section.
http://www.frentzandsons.com/Hardwar...nfiguratio.htm

I like YOUR reference better than mine:
http://www.jkem.com/pictures/NEMA%20...ng%20Plugs.gif

Because yours answers one of my questions, which is to doublecheck which is
the green ground wire in the NEMA 6-20P (g) to mate with the white
ground/neutral in the NEMA 10-30R (w) via the NEMA 6-20R-to-NEMA 10-30P
adapter.

Your chart has little W's and G's and "X" and "Y" for the hot black wires.

I presume the "w" stands for white, does it not?

yes, that's correct

--
Steve Barker