Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Advice for converting Sears Craftsman 220V compressor plug towashing machine plug

On 7/25/2010 8:41 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:
Evan wrote:

Why not have a correct 20 amp 240 volt NEMA 6-20 outlet installed in
your
home so you can use your compressor safely on a circuit which is not
capable of supplying more power than your appliance is rated for which
could damage it or cause an accident of some kind...

Nonsense. I have a lamp here which states not to use more than a 100 watt
bulb, and uses an 18 gauge cord.

It plugs into a 15A receptacle, fed by a 14 gauge wire.

All of this is perfectly to code.

Jon

I don't believe you will find a code reference that allows what the OP
described since your example doesn't scale.