Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Am I imagining this or has anyone else noticed it also.

Molly, you are correct about a change of formulation in many
products. It began with the wording "non asbestos" and now
suffers from the wording "VOC compliant". We are all arguably
safer, but materials don't stick as well or last as long as back
in the day.

Oil base paint and solvent based laminate contact cement come
strongest to mind for me. They are still available to
professionals, but I won't be surprised when you will need a
license to purchase them like Freon.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"Molly Brown" wrote in message
It seems to me that during the past ten years or so patching
plaster
is setting a lot faster and roofing cement is drying and cracking
lot sooner. I’m talking about the common plaster and roofing
cement
places like Home Depot sells. Did they change the formulation like
adding more lime and less oil? I mean is it just me or has anyone
else
noticed these also?