Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Transporting 20 gallons of gas in your trunk and storing in your back yard in the open air question

Smitty Two wrote in newsrestwhich-
:

In article ,
"Steve B" wrote:

Then humans enter the equation, and, well, you know humans.

Yep. Unpredictable at best. OP or the neighbor is gonna be shooting at a
squirrel for dinner or a rat to dispatch it, just after dusk. Oh, ****,
I forgot about those gas cans ...

Outdoor cans are subject to rusting.
if they leak,they pollute the ground water.
I doubt a copper/lead bullet piercing a gas can would ignite one.
(anyone care to experiment for the group? 8-) )

Besides,hunters should not be shooting near residences.
(yes,I said "should",and many don't do as they should)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik