Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default UK DIYers clueless about tools

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 02:52:29 -0700 (PDT), joeys worldcup wrote:

"24% use pennies."

My father, a time-served joiner (now retired) always kept a couple of
old pennies in his toolkit. They were just the right thickness, for
the gap required between the top of a door and the casing when he was
hanging a new door.

For some screw-heads a 20p piece is almost a perfect fit.
An old mini-can opener that I keep in my wallet is a good screwdriver for
odd things - adjusted gear mechs. several times with it.

It's not what you use but knowing how to use what's to hand and it's
limitations.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away