Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Stick ceramic tiles straight onto thinnish plasterboard?

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
harry wrote:
On 22 July, 23:02, "AL_z" wrote:
stuart noble wrote in
@hurricane:

I wouldn't go overboard on the waterproofing. The tiles/grout are
normally sufficient because the water is running off too fast to allow
penetration. It's the joint with the shower tray that causes problems,
and using silicone instead of tile adhesive for the bottom row is one
solution.
That's an idea. I have some fancy plastic angled strip that fits
unter the
bottom row of tiles that nicely seals the gap between the bath and the
tiles. Not sure how to deal with the corner though, as the stuff
won't go
round corners! I will figure something out.

Al

You have to mitre it. Good stuff, a lot neater than a fillet of gunge.

Ghastly stuff. Mould trap, and a lot uglier than a fillet of grout.

Maybe you're thinking of the retro fit stuff. The internal cove trim
that goes behind the tiles is unobtrusive.