Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Transporting 20 gallons of gas in your trunk and storing in yourback yard in the open air question

On Jul 22, 10:35*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,

*LM wrote:
Still, I can't find what the laws are for California for transportation..
The Caltrans (DOT) site was miserable.

Maybe it isn't the right place to look. The first paragraph of the
"About" page reads:

"Caltrans manages more than 50,000 miles of California's highway and
freeway lanes, provides inter-city rail services, permits more than 400
public-use airports and special-use hospital heliports, and works with
local agencies. Caltrans carries out its mission of improving mobility
across California with six primary programs: Aeronautics, Highway
Transportation, Mass Transportation, Transportation Planning,
Administration and the Equipment Service Center."

Doesn't sound to me like they make laws.

Absolutely... The make administrative laws which govern how your
car has to be inspected and what items must be inspected to get
your sticker... Also how the roadways and railways under their
jurisdiction are used... Lots of things are covered under
administrative
law...

~~ Evan