Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Transporting 20 gallons of gas in your trunk and storing in your back yard in the open air question

"TimR" wrote in message
On Jul 22, 12:31 pm, "Steve B" wrote:

I'm sorry if I confused you with specific terms.

Steve

visit my blog athttp://cabgbypasssurgery.com

You didn't confuse me with specific terms.

You confused me by stating that a BLEVE is rapid combustion.

I have always believed a BLEVE does not require combustion.

The wiki article I just googled confirms my belief.

Obviously you do not agree, so perhaps you would explain why.

reply: Uh, because you say one thing, and I say another?

A bleve that causes a sizeable fireball is usually caused by containment of
some sort. Opened topped gas storage tanks have caught fire and caused
similar situations, but there was no confinement of gas to increase the
pressure. Since the last word in bleve stands for explosion, would it just
be a bunch of boiling gas if it were not lit in some way? Isn't that
combustion?

Steve