Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Transporting 20 gallons of gas in your trunk and storing in your back yard in the open air question

"Bill Murphy" wrote

We all know that there are plenty of dangerous things we keep around our
house (I have 1,000 gallons of propane in a tank ten feet away from the
house, for example), and gasoline in portable storage containers is one of
those things nearly every one of us has in our garage or shed.

In my state, and I think they quoted me federal law, you can have no more
than a 125 gallon tank within close range to a structure. That is why the
tanks are 124 gallons. I know, I went to buy one on a kitchen remodel.
That is why we did not go with the big tank - distance. If you have that
much stored that close, you are in violation. You should check on that
before a concerned neighbor does.

Steve