Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Transporting 20 gallons of gas in your trunk and storing in your back yard in the open air question

"TimR" wrote in message
On Jul 22, 1:07 am, "Steve B" wrote:
Then there are BLEVE's, or boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion, which
is called an explosion, but it is just still another rapid combustion, but
these usually occur within vessels that keep the pressure in until
something
lets go.

Steve

If you're going to get nitpicky, I will too. A BLEVE is a mechanical
explosion; it does not require combustion at all. Water can BLEVE in
the right container, as the Mythbusters have proven.

reply: I'm sorry, but you were the one picking nits and not being very
specific about it, either.

I'm sorry if I confused you with specific terms.

Steve