Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Transporting 20 gallons of gas in your trunk and storing in your back yard in the open air question

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
m...
In article ,
"Steve B" wrote:

I sure thats 1 gallon of gasolene vapor not 1 ounce

reply: He's obviously not stating correct information. To say that a
car
cannot ignite from the force of a collision is plain ignorant. I saved a
guy's life one time on the freeway. His car stalled, and he was
rear-ended
and boom, a fireball. We pulled him out through the driver's window.

No, to say that a car CAN ignite from the force of a collision is
ignorant. The force of a collision can put a hole in the gas tank and
the force (or more precisely the aftermath while the force of the
collision is dissipated) can cause a spark that ignites the vapors
escaping from said tank. But a car can not ignite merely from the force
of the collision. Otherwise you could BBQ about every day on the
highways of America in multiple places.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist

Yes, you are correct. But the poster seemed to say that gasoline does not
ignite during a crash for any reason.

Steve