Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Bill Murphy Bill Murphy is offline

Default Transporting 20 gallons of gas in your trunk and storing in your back yard in the open air question

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:15:41 -0500, dpb wrote:

I'd try to make a shaded location ... to minimize the chances of
lifting the safety relief on a hot day of a full can

These are the new Blitz enviroflow cans. I don't think they have a safety
release.

I guess they must, but they've been tested to not leak one bit subject to
the hottest temperatures possible out in the sun for a year and they didn't
lose an ounce (they measure gas loss by weight, not volume since it expands
so much).

I always fill to the fill line and no more so I think there is no release
(which I know is contrarian thinking) engineered into these cans.

I guess if someone artificially heats them to something over 200 degrees,
they might have a release, but as far as I know, the tests show they hold
their gas (the problem is getting it out, not keeping it in).