Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Transporting 20 gallons of gas in your trunk and storing in your back yard in the open air question

On 2010-07-21, Steve B wrote:

wrote in message

-1 on that.

In a collision that breaches the fuel tank, the fuel dribbles out on
the ground and nothing happens. The fumes are too concentrated to
ignite, and they quickly dissipate to where there aren't enough fumes
to ignite.

reply: Well, folks, that's it. mkirsch1 has said it, so it must be so.

mdouche1 has his head up his ass!

Gasoline is one of the most explosive flammables around. It will
ignite easily, it will explode violently. Hence, its overwhelming
popularity as the fuel of choice in internal combustion engines.
NOTHING does it better! (well, nitro

1 ounce of gasoline vapor = 1 pound of dynamite- Hide quoted text -

I sure thats 1 gallon of gasolene vapor not 1 ounce

reply: He's obviously not stating correct information. To say that a car
cannot ignite from the force of a collision is plain ignorant. I saved a
guy's life one time on the freeway. His car stalled, and he was rear-ended
and boom, a fireball. We pulled him out through the driver's window.

I wish he would post the site where the equivalent of gasoline vapor to
dynamite is stated by a professional.

I googled "gasoline vapor equals dynamite" and got this very knowledgeable
answer that explains it all.

http://forums.howwhatwhy.com/showfla...Number=-277570

Too bad the other poster already knows everything, and won't allow any new
information in, or information that is different than what he "thinks" he
knows.

Steve