Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Plasma cutter for cast iron?

Pete C. wrote:
I'd suggest that the O/A cutting torch is the safer route than plasma
cutting. If you simply use a 100' O/A hose set and the appropriate check
valves and flashback arrestors there should be no risk.

100' hose is not an option - it would be a borrowed set with short hoses.

A key item to consider is that the plasma cutter melts and blows away
the metal in tiny particles, ...

I think that it actually vaporizes it - a cloud is produced that
condenses/settles on everything and makes a yellow-ish mess (I use mine
outside). We're gutting the building, so it's a mess anyhow.

Bob