Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pool filtration -- fine dust

On 7/21/2010 11:30 AM, harry wrote:
On Jul 21, 1:52 am, The Daring
wrote:
On 7/19/2010 12:59 PM, harry wrote:

On Jul 19, 9:42 am, The Daring
wrote:
On 7/19/2010 12:56 AM, harry wrote:

On Jul 19, 3:43 am, The Daring
wrote:
On 7/18/2010 10:46 AM, harry wrote:

On Jul 18, 3:26 pm, "Don wrote:
Our well water has high levels of calcium and some
rust. So, while the pool is clean and chemically
stabilized, still water overnight reveals next morning
ultra-fine yellowish powder on the bottom. It is so fine it
goes straight through the sand filter and back into
the pool, making the water cloudy and greenish.
Is there any cure for this, perhaps by causing the
dust to agglomerate so that the sand filter holds it?
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

What you need is to add a flocculant to your pool water. Very small
particles can't be filtered. The flocculant makes then clump together
so they are big enough to be filtered. It's a commonly available pool
chemical.
Bit about the science here.:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flocculant#Flocculants

Flocculation sounds like some of that weird sex the Brits practice.

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Did you not check out the link you old pervert?

I'm so sorry, I couldn't resist, the Devil made me do it.

TDD- Hide quoted text -

My God Duf, you're not some kind of Yank religious nut are you?
Mooney Scientolgist Anabaptist?

Didn't you read my post about the religious diversity of my family.
Roman Catholic, Jew and space alien on one side and Southern Baptist,
Southern Methodist, Druids and a group of people who worship some
sort of fungus that glows in the dark on the other side. I can pick on
anyone of any faith because they're my cousins.

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Duf, you never cease to amaze me. All that religion in one family!
Any of them Muslims?

Heck, it wouldn't surprise me, Italians and Hillbillies will mate
with anything. There's got to be a little bit of everything in my
family tree including farm animals.

TDD