Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman Paul K. Dickman is offline

Default Plasma cutter for cast iron?

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
Paul K. Dickman wrote:
I assume that this is a steam heating boiler.

They are usually assembled from a series of flat cast iron sections held
together by stay bolts.

I didn't tell the whole story: the boiler's already been disassembled by
the asbestos removal people and it's the sections that need to be broken
up. They're 4 - 5' wide & about 300 - 400 lbs each (I said it was a HUGE
boiler).

Bob

That is a Man Sized boiler! Must have gone +2 million BTU.
I tended a big one like that back in college. It heated an entire grade
school.

Paul K. Dickman