Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default impact screwdriver

On 2010-07-21, The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 7/21/2010 1:22 AM, Steve B wrote:

Ah, Cushman Eagle. King of the street, and the coolest "scooter" around.
Until the Hondas came out. Then you couldn't give them away.

Steve

The cool kid in my neighborhood had a Cushman Eagle then an uncool
kid who's father owned a business got one of those white Honda scooters
with the tall tires and blew everyone away.

Ahh.... memories.

I was in HS in the days of the Japanese m/c invasion, so I also saw it
all first hand. I ended up on a Sears Allstate Cruisaire, which was a
rebranded Vespa. About 3 kids had Cushmans, which two tossed in favor
of Nippon rides. The third was a hold out and obviously a pretty good
mechanic. He kept his Cushman and never looked back, literally.

He stripped all the sheet metal away and got it down to a frame,
tires, and a motor. What other mods he did to it, I know not, but
they must have been extensive. When school let out, he was the first
out of the parking lot and nothing could touch him on that 2 blk
street in front of the school. That sucker smoked out of the hole!
He kept it all through high school and the smaller Jap iron never had
a chance. Later, after 4 yrs in the service, I somehow ended up as a
pro m/c mechanic. For awhile, anyway. I never did see that crazy
Cushman guy again, but I'll never forget him and his screaming Eagle.

nb