Posted to alt.home.repair

Default impact screwdriver

On 7/21/2010 1:22 AM, Steve B wrote:
"Bob wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
wrote

Had one in my tool box since the 1960's and it was the only thing
that would disassemble the early Honda motorbikes for repair.
Worked well

Ah, you too!

I had a Honda 50 that blew the main gear inside the motor. The big
round one with all the teeth. I was bound and determined to fix it,
as I didn't have the money to have the shop do it. My dad was a
machinist. He came out to find me putzing with getting those screws
out. "Wait a minute, here's what you need." Yes, it was. Poink! Out!
And so good that you could actually reuse the machine bolt on
reassembly. I miss Dad.

Did anyone using these NOT start on motorcycles? That was certainly my
start.

In my state, you could get a motorcycle license at 14. Car was 16, so I
guess that pretty much explains it. My dad used to have me help work on
some things as a kid, but never anything that complicated. Mostly hand me
that wrench, stuff like that. Once I had a motorcycle, I could work on the
puzzle my own self.

Ah, Cushman Eagle. King of the street, and the coolest "scooter" around.
Until the Hondas came out. Then you couldn't give them away.

Steve

The cool kid in my neighborhood had a Cushman Eagle then an uncool
kid who's father owned a business got one of those white Honda scooters
with the tall tires and blew everyone away.

TDD