Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Milwaukee has a new tool.

"Upscale" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:50:09 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Precisely ;~)

How is that saw/domino working out for you?

Haven't used it yet, just haven't had the time. I'm in the process of
setting up a maple laminated bench top and adding the Record vise to
it that I've had in storage.

The TS55 was on back order and I expect to be picking it up today
actually. After that, I'll be doing quite a bit of experimentation
with the assistance of a friend who is slathering at the mouth to test
out the Domino.

Food for thought here... When setting your track up for cuts, once you have
made your initial indexing cut, you normally measure, mark, go to the other
end, measure, mark, then begin the process of setting the track up to the 2
marks. As you can imagine a longer cut may require a couple more
verifications that the track is in the proper place before applying the
clamps. I came up with a simpler and faster method of setting the track up.

Get yourself a couple of push pins, the kind that you use to pin notes on a
cork bulliten board. The more HD the better.
Measure, place a pin at the mark allowing for the width of the pin. Do the
same on the other end. Slide the track up to touch both pins, clamp, remove
pins, cut.

I'll email you a few pictures once I get it all up and running.
Appreciate all the help you've given me Leon.

Your welcome.