Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Milwaukee has a new tool.

Attached Thumbnails
Milwaukee has a new tool.-milwaulkee-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Ah, the Arizona border model.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Just Wondering" wrote in message

Americans and guns. What is the matter with them?

Tim W

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Tim W" wrote in message

"Just Wondering" wrote in message

Americans and guns. What is the matter with them?

Tim W

Apparently nothing, no one has been able to give an good example of a
problem.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Leon wrote:

"Tim W" wrote in message

"Just Wondering" wrote in message

Americans and guns. What is the matter with them?

Tim W

Apparently nothing, no one has been able to give an good example of a
problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU
The only problem here is the guy is an Aussie. :-)

Rob Leatham

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:51:34 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Suppose the US get rid of all of it's armed forces.

Hell, then I could invade Miami with a baseball bat. Sounds good to
me. When can I visit?
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

Suppose the US get rid of all of it's armed forces.

Hell, then I could invade Miami with a baseball bat. Sounds good to
me. When can I visit?

Precicely ;~)

How is that saw/domino working out for you?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:50:09 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Precisely ;~)

How is that saw/domino working out for you?

Haven't used it yet, just haven't had the time. I'm in the process of
setting up a maple laminated bench top and adding the Record vise to
it that I've had in storage.

The TS55 was on back order and I expect to be picking it up today
actually. After that, I'll be doing quite a bit of experimentation
with the assistance of a friend who is slathering at the mouth to test
out the Domino.

Still don't like the CT22's unwieldy hose that came with it. I'm
wondering if any of the wider diameter hoses are more pliable? The
CT22 I *have* used and played with. Works fine and I do like the
variable speed.

I'll email you a few pictures once I get it all up and running.
Appreciate all the help you've given me Leon.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:50:09 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Precisely ;~)

How is that saw/domino working out for you?

Haven't used it yet, just haven't had the time. I'm in the process of
setting up a maple laminated bench top and adding the Record vise to
it that I've had in storage.

The TS55 was on back order and I expect to be picking it up today
actually. After that, I'll be doing quite a bit of experimentation
with the assistance of a friend who is slathering at the mouth to test
out the Domino.

Food for thought here... When setting your track up for cuts, once you have
made your initial indexing cut, you normally measure, mark, go to the other
end, measure, mark, then begin the process of setting the track up to the 2
marks. As you can imagine a longer cut may require a couple more
verifications that the track is in the proper place before applying the
clamps. I came up with a simpler and faster method of setting the track up.

Get yourself a couple of push pins, the kind that you use to pin notes on a
cork bulliten board. The more HD the better.
Measure, place a pin at the mark allowing for the width of the pin. Do the
same on the other end. Slide the track up to touch both pins, clamp, remove
pins, cut.

I'll email you a few pictures once I get it all up and running.
Appreciate all the help you've given me Leon.

Your welcome.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 00:54:18 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:
Get yourself a couple of push pins, the kind that you use to pin notes on a
cork bulliten board. The more HD the better.
Measure, place a pin at the mark allowing for the width of the pin. Do the
same on the other end. Slide the track up to touch both pins, clamp, remove
pins, cut.

Good idea. Anything that saves me from having to wheel back and forth
is fine as far as I'm concerned.

I was wondering about one thing. Cutting with a power saw, one would
normally put the good side down because of blade rotation and perhaps
have it backed up by a sacrificial board underneath. ~ all fine for
reducing splintering. With the TS55 or TS75 if you prefer, they make
use of those green splinterguards. Have you experimented with cutting
with the good side up allowing for the splinter guard to reduce tear
out and splintering? If so, how well does the splinter guard fulfill
its task?

BTW, also bought a handle for the CT22 today when I was picking up the
TS55. It was a little bit of pain to install, but I finally got it
figured out. It's convenient having the handle available for moving
the CT22 around and also having a few vacuum accessories clipped to a
part of the handle attachment pieces.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

So far the only cutting I have done is with 1/2" baltic birch. The angle
that the teeth exit the cut have a lot to do with whether there will be much
possibility of tear out on the top side. Cutting at 20 mm deep so far has
produced great results with no tear out. The top splinter guard does not
come into play with the blade cutting at that depth, it needs to plunge
deeper to be able to reach the guard.

Experiment with scraps to get a feel of what will be necessary.

BTW, also bought a handle for the CT22 today when I was picking up the
TS55. It was a little bit of pain to install, but I finally got it
figured out. It's convenient having the handle available for moving
the CT22 around and also having a few vacuum accessories clipped to a
part of the handle attachment pieces.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

It's for drilling holes at a distance

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Rusty wrote:

It's for drilling holes at a distance

Just a different definition of "tack driver"

Rob Leatham

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...

Lew

Leon,

Does Houston require people to have a permit to keep a gun in their home?
Doesn't sound like any Texas city with which I'm familiar.

I have never had a permit for any of my guns.. ;~) You do need to have a
permit to cary a conceiled hand gun however.

I suspect tha "her" gun may not have had a serial number. That is illegal.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Rusty" wrote in message
It's for drilling holes at a distance

Surely there would be lots of tear out on the back side of the hole. ;~)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Leon wrote:

"Rusty" wrote in message
It's for drilling holes at a distance

Surely there would be lots of tear out on the back side of the hole. ;~)

Not if you use a backer board.

Rob Leatham

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Leon wrote:

"Rusty" wrote in message
It's for drilling holes at a distance

Surely there would be lots of tear out on the back side of the hole. ;~)

Not if you use a backer board.

Rob Leatham

There was a guy on the news a while back that did just that. Decided it
would be easier to shoot a hole in the wall to run some cable. His wife was
on the other side. She died.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Swingman wrote in
:

Nicely proves the old saw that when making it criminal to own guns,
only criminals will own them.

Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 7/26/2010 5:30 PM, Elrond Hubbard wrote:
wrote in
:

Nicely proves the old saw that when making it criminal to own guns,
only criminals will own them.

Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people.

People without guns kill people ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
Surely there would be lots of tear out on the back side of the hole. ;~)

Dewalt beat them to market years ago . . .

Dave in Houston

Attached Thumbnails
Milwaukee has a new tool.-dewalt-ar-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Dave In Texas" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
Surely there would be lots of tear out on the back side of the hole. ;~)

Dewalt beat them to market years ago . . .

Dave in Houston

Appears that the stock on the Milwaukee may be more favorable. ;~)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Americans and guns. What is the matter with them?

Tim W

Apparently nothing, no one has been able to give an good example of a
problem.

Leon

Uh - how about:

JFK
Martin Luther King
George Wallace
Bobby Kennedy
Mayor George Moscone
Supervisor Harvey Milk
Columbine
Gabby Giffords & the 9 year old that died from gun shot along with
four others, one a federal judge.
LA Bank Robbers With AK47s & Body Armor Shoot Out
Squeeky Frohm
Hinkley
John Lennon
:
:
:
Atlanta Day Trader Bezerker
101 Embarcadero SF Office Massacre

and that's not including innocent daily victims
victims of drive by shootings
7-11 clerks
gas station attendents
taxi drivers
motorist victims of road rage

and not including children playing with guns and shooting themselves or
a sibling or little friends.

In order to DRIVE a deadly weapon - an automobile - you need to pass a
written and
driving test to get a license and must renew your drivers license
periodically. And you have to have proof of insurance and current
vehicle registration to drive it.

Seems at least that much should be required - for at least hand gun
ownership. As for rifles for hunting - for bolt actions limit to 4
round clips - for pumps and semi-auto limit to three round clips. If
you can't slow whatever you're shooting at with three rounds so you can
pop another clip in and kill it - you're either hunting the wrong
animals - or shouldn't be out hunting at all.

Personally, I believe a hand grenade in one hand - an the pin held
obviously in the other - will go a long ways towards discouraging anyone
from messing with you ; ).
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 2/7/2011 12:28 PM, charlie b wrote:
Americans and guns. What is the matter with them?

Personally, I believe a hand grenade in one hand - an the pin held
obviously in the other - will go a long ways towards discouraging anyone
from messing with you ; ).

Don't mess with me and my Milwaukee drill.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"charlie b" wrote in message
Americans and guns. What is the matter with them?

Tim W

Apparently nothing, no one has been able to give an good example of a
problem.

Leon

Uh - how about:

JFK
Martin Luther King
George Wallace
Bobby Kennedy
Mayor George Moscone
Supervisor Harvey Milk
Columbine
Gabby Giffords & the 9 year old that died from gun shot along with
four others, one a federal judge.
LA Bank Robbers With AK47s & Body Armor Shoot Out
Squeeky Frohm
Hinkley
John Lennon

You think the murders would not have found another way to fulfill their
missions?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 12:28:06 -0700, charlie b wrote
(in article ):

In order to DRIVE a deadly weapon - an automobile - you need to pass a
written and
driving test to get a license and must renew your drivers license
periodically. And you have to have proof of insurance and current
vehicle registration to drive it.

Seems at least that much should be required - for at least hand gun
ownership. As for rifles for hunting - for bolt actions limit to 4
round clips - for pumps and semi-auto limit to three round clips. If
you can't slow whatever you're shooting at with three rounds so you can
pop another clip in and kill it - you're either hunting the wrong
animals - or shouldn't be out hunting at all.

Ummm yeah, and if you are going to speak or write you should have passed a
psych eval and submitted your statement to authorities 1 week in advance for
approval. All tongues are to be removed prior to entering crowded theaters,
if you see a fire, submit your request for return of said tongue in
compliance with the above before shouting 'fire!'

BTW, I have several vehicles that I drive on my property without insurance
(gasp!)