Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I use a 4.5V/ .8mA wall wart with this CD player?

On 20 Jul 2010 02:48:59 GMT, unknown wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 17:24:07 -0400, Charlie wrote:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 7/19/2010 12:52 PM BCDrums spake thus:

Yes. The figure 0.8A is the amount of *current* the wall wart can
supply (*please* don't use that ignorant term "amperage"!). The rule is
this: as long as the power supply (wall wart) can supply *at least* as
much current as the device (CD player) requires, preferably more,
you're good to go. (Assuming it's the correct voltage, of course.)

Now David, don't be too harsh. I was brought up as you were with the
educators who were trying to educate me insisting that there was no such
word as "amperage"

[snip]

In the same way, there's no such word as "voltage". It's EMF.

If you want to be totally correct it is electromotive force. EMF is
just an abrieviation.