Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Small wrench set... Combination, ratcheting, box end?

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 00:55:00 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
Not true. My new set of Snappy collets need a massive torque session
to keep the included bits from spinning.

I stand corrected - the voice of experience trumping speculation.

I've never broken a HF
wrench, though, but I avoid their cheapest sets, relying on Pittsburgh
brand exclusively.

The HF ones that I've broken (2) were Pittsburgh. I've since learned
that there are 2 classes of Pittsburgh wrenches - the plain and the
"Professional". I have the plain but if I ever buy any more, they'll be
the Professional.

They're lifetime guaranteed ...

The first one that I broke, they sent me a new one, no questions asked.
The second one (different set) they wanted me to send it back AND pay
shipping on its replacement! Or I could buy a replacement as a "part"
for a couple of dollars & if part of another order, pay very little, if
any, incremental shipping. "Lifetime guaranty" - yeah, right.

Bob

What..no store close to you? Ive never had an issue returning and
exchanging an item. Some were rather expensive too.

Welding helmets, cordless drills and so forth.

In fact..I bought one of their cordless drills on a whim, came with two
batteries. Used it heavily for a year and it died..well..started making
lots of noise in the gear box. I brought it in, they handed me another
one and when I asked about the 2 batteries..I was allowed to keep them
as well, for a total of 4 batteries. G.

Then I gave everything to a friend who needed a drill for his maint
work.

Gunner

Gunner Asch