Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Small wrench set... Combination, ratcheting, box end?

Larry Jaques wrote:
Not true. My new set of Snappy collets need a massive torque session
to keep the included bits from spinning.

I stand corrected - the voice of experience trumping speculation.

I've never broken a HF
wrench, though, but I avoid their cheapest sets, relying on Pittsburgh
brand exclusively.

The HF ones that I've broken (2) were Pittsburgh. I've since learned
that there are 2 classes of Pittsburgh wrenches - the plain and the
"Professional". I have the plain but if I ever buy any more, they'll be
the Professional.

They're lifetime guaranteed ...

The first one that I broke, they sent me a new one, no questions asked.
The second one (different set) they wanted me to send it back AND pay
shipping on its replacement! Or I could buy a replacement as a "part"
for a couple of dollars & if part of another order, pay very little, if
any, incremental shipping. "Lifetime guaranty" - yeah, right.

Bob