Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Making a ZCI for tablesaw

On 7/20/10 4:50 PM, Larry W wrote:
An old tip for leveling ZCI I first saw on this newsgroup,
but can't remember who to credit: Just put a blob of hot-melt
glue at the correct spots on the bottom of the insert, press down
into saw so it's just above flush, then hit the blobs with a block
plane or sandpaper if necessary.

That's an awesome idea.
Instead of sanding, I guess I would try using a couple rulers or other
straight edges to push it down flush and hold a few seconds while the
glue dries.

If it didn't work the first time, you just pop off the hot glue nubs and
try again.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)