Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Making a ZCI for tablesaw

own analysis paralysis. Somebody help me to reboot!

One reason to use thicker material is flatness. 3/8 material, even
Baltic is less likely to be as flat as 1/2 or thicker. A twisted
insert will be nothing but a pain in the ass. I suppose that is one
reason why people use thicker material. Also weight is a
consideration. You don't want it to be so light it is flighty or
easily upset, you can think of the scenario where it jumps out of the
slot and catches the back of the blade and does a quick fly-by of your
ear.

Finally, please replace your planer blades after planing ply. Really
not a good thing. Glue is super hard and abrasive and probably equal
to 100 times as much wood passes.