Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Small wrench set... Combination, ratcheting, box end?

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:45:53 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

John Doe wrote:
... An old friend said that
open end wrenches tend to spread with a lot of torque.

It's never been a problem for me. I've had a HF open-end break, but not
spread. Even if true, your Snappy isn't going to require a lot of
torque. Well, not enough to spread or break even the cheapest wrench.

A cheap set of
Stanley wrenches at the local megastore has a lifetime warranty, but
shipping would be more than the cost of one wrench, sounds like a
silly warrantee.

Indeed it is - same problem with HF warranty. Never mind the warranty,
though - it won't come into play using them on the Snappy.

Is carefully using a vice grip on the threaded nut part of a Snappy
quickchange adapter likely to destroy it? ...

Won't "destroy" it, but might/probably will munge it up. BAD idea, very
poor practice. If you do go that way, don't admit it to anybody.

Bob

Indeed!

Gunner, hiding his channel locks behind him.....

Gunner Asch