Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default rolling lumber cart (not sheetgoods) design

On 7/19/2010 3:00 PM, kansascats wrote:

I made something similar as a recyling center/work area.

I put 2x4 in the corners, in the back the the 4" side of the wood was
paralel to the front edge of the unit, and the 4" side of the front
pieces was perpendicular to the front edge.

I then used 2X2 as stringers between the ends. Each joint was made with
a partial half lap. (Lap cut into only one piece of the joint.)

Once the stringer were screewed into place the half laps provide the
bracing to make a stable unit that could be finished to your needs.

I used the same technique to put in the slats that made the shelves.