Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default rolling lumber cart (not sheetgoods) design

that's a much better simple cart. And does everything you need to do.

On 7/19/2010 10:41 AM, Jack Stein wrote:
Here's a sketchup photo of the rolling lumber cart I built:

http://jbstein.com/Flick/LumberCart.jpg

and the actual cart:

http://jbstein.com/Flick/LumberCart2.jpg

This thing hold an amazing amount of lumber and takes care of 4x9 sheets
of ply, 8' lumber, and a ton of cut offs that were always in the way.

The cart is easy to build, and cheap. I used OSB for the sides. Proper
planing results in about zero waste. It is heavy so don't skimp on the
wheels like I did. I put 2 wheels in the middle, and one on each end,
rather than one on each corner. The base is 3/4 x 8' x 32" ply. You can
pretty much figure out everything else from that using sketchup.

This cart exceeded my expectations and I should have built it 35 years
ago...