Posted to alt.home.repair
jeff_wisnia[_2_] jeff_wisnia[_2_] is offline

Default Can I replace the metal pipe water input to the toilet with aflexible one?

Bob F wrote:
Unused Classified wrote:

Hi
I purchased a bidet attachement for the toilet.
The bidet comes with a valve that must be attached to the water input.
The instructions say that you must have a flexible tube type pipe that
goes from the water lead to the tank, and I do not.
Mine has a metal pipe, but I'm wondering if it can be easily replaced
by a flexible tube.
Please see the pic, it looks lile this metal pipe can be unscrewed
near the valve.
Or does this call for a plumber?
Thanks

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8060/toilet2.jpg

Yes. Just make sure you get a cable with the correct size ends.

Don't be too hasty, we haven't yet heard what size fittings are on that
bidet valve which sounds like it mounts onto the outlet fitting of the
shut off valve.

The OP had better check that out before he runs to the store to purchase
a flex line, huh?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia