Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default HF Variable Speed Multi-Tool -- Soft Start?

On Jul 19, 10:40*am, "Leon" wrote:
"RonB" wrote in message

Could be an under powered motor struggling to come up to speed. *If that
tends to go away with use things may have been too tight for the motor. *I
really can not see a need for a soft start.

I finally found a search combination on Google that got me to a few
related reviews and forum comments. It does have a "soft start"
feature that is described as anywhere from "nice" to "humorous". I
does take a few uses of the machine to get used to it. One rather
critical fellow said he starts it, goes to lunch, then comes back to
use it :^). Not quite that bad but it takes a full second or more to
come to speed.

RonB