Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Are these car brakes worn?

Man at B&Q wrote:

On Jul 17, 8:52 pm, (Steve Firth) wrote:

Have you seen the price of a tow truck these days

Very few garages have them and those tend to be the ones with a contract
to recover vehicles from the motorway. About three contractors per
county and at present very few of them do routing vehicle servicing and
repairs.

Two out of three garages in our village have recovery trucks, the
third may have as well, but b=never seen it. Neither, as far as I
know, contracted to any of the national recovery services.

I wasn't talking about contracting to national recovery. Many small
garages contract to the police/HA to recover vehicles from the
motorways. Sadly both organisations have been "knobbled" and are
reducing the number of rota garages that are permitted to take the work.
This has led to a reduction in the number of garages with recovery
vehicles. If it hasn't hit your region yet then it probably will soon.

All three do servicing.

Whoopee.