Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Mig Welders

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 19:23:02 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

Went to my building full of stuff and brought my Century MIG welder home.
It is Century item number 83145. 130A @30% duty cycle, 145A max @20% duty
cycle. Primary 230VAC, 22A, I have sufficient 230V in the area, just need
to make a plug adapter/extension cord.

According to the front panel it is supposed to be able to go as low as 24Ga
steel. I haven't found the owners manual PDF online but I should have it
around here somewhere! :-) I was able to find a PDF exploded parts view of
it though.

http://www.centuryweldingparts.com/d...9,%2083145.pdf

I plan to get a bottle of argon/co2 mix tomorrow and connections so I can
plug it in to power. I'll give it a try on auto body and see how it does.
It has pots for amp and wire feed, not stepped adjustments, I don't see why
it wouldn't work OK.

RogerN

It might. Continuous voltage control sounds promising.