Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default printer pieces anyone

" wrote in message
On Jul 18, 7:22 am, "Bill Noble" wrote:

sometimes you need hard copies - like for friends with no computer, or to
read and mark up - but yes, printers have certainly lost value - this one
was over $800 new. I'd sure like to find a home for some of the parts -
the
main board has a 68000 processor on it - remember those?

I sure do. What a slow POS. Wanted to be 32 bit, but had only an 8 bit
bus. I loved the 68010 and 68030. The ones I programmed were in UNISYS
high speed check reader/sorters.

By the way. All the printers I have ever junked out had one or more
very nice ground and polished stainless steel rod. Very usable to make
metal things!

Paul

Indeed - this deceased IIIp has yielded up a couple of nice (probably
metric) rods and a few nice plastic gears and a stepper motor. Still, I'd
like the electronics to find a home - there are some parts I could use, but
mostly it's not worth saving for use other than as the parts that they were
intended to be