Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default printer pieces anyone

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 17:27:41 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Jul 18, 7:22Â*am, "Bill Noble" wrote:

sometimes you need hard copies - like for friends with no computer, or to
read and mark up - but yes, printers have certainly lost value - this one
was over $800 new. Â*I'd sure like to find a home for some of the parts - the
main board has a 68000 processor on it - remember those?

I sure do. What a slow POS. Wanted to be 32 bit, but had only an 8 bit
bus. I loved the 68010 and 68030. The ones I programmed were in UNISYS
high speed check reader/sorters.

By the way. All the printers I have ever junked out had one or more
very nice ground and polished stainless steel rod. Very usable to make
metal things!

Paul

Vast majority now are plated steel