Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Cold Patch For Asphalt Driveway

On Jul 16, 2:01*pm, Bob wrote:
Hi,

Have some decent size holes in my old asphalt driveway.
Perhaps 8" or so deep X a foot or so long.
True holes; not really cracks.

Have never repaired anything like this myself.
Guess what I need is what's called a "cold patch" compound

Is this "E Z Street" cold patch "stuff" what I want ?

Is there a better product available ?
If so, what makes it better ?

What else should I probably be asking regarding patching asphaltg holes,
but am not smart enough to know to ?

Much thanks, appreciate the help,
Bob

You want to make sure the holes are dry for a while first...

Then pack the bottom of the hole with gravel, making sure
you pack it down really well...

You only want to apply the same amount of the cold patch
to match the thickness of the rest of the driveway...

~~ Evan