Posted to uk.d-i-y
dave dave is offline

Default Radio Antenna On Chimney ?

On 18/07/2010 22:01, dennis@home wrote:

"dave" wrote in message
news
On 18/07/2010 18:34, dennis@home wrote:

"dave" wrote in message
On 18/07/2010 08:24, dennis@home wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

That seems quite small compared with many TV aerials, although I
have no idea what shape, and more importantly, wind resistance
the glass fibre aerial has, but providing it's not large, one
lashing kit should be fine.

I have seen amateur radio aerials on the ground, still attached to the
chimney, they can be rather large compared to a TV aerial.

You didn't declare what the aerial style or size was. Are you saying
that you are an expert in this field as well?

No one has said how big the aerial is, yet!

The OP did.

After I replied!

Lots have advised how to fix said unknown aerial.

It isn't an unknown aerial to anyone who is competent, or familiar
with the frequency and specifications.

Are you psychic now?
PS I do know a bit about aerials but I wouldn't dream of advising anyone
on how to fix an unknown aerial

No, but...

I know the exact aerial he is talking about, having had them for quite
a number of years.

in an unknown location on an unknown
chimney, which as you may note I didn't.

I have over 30 years experience of erecting amateur antennas and never
once has one been blown down.

Well lucky you.
How many have you done?

I have totally lost count of the numbers, but as a radio amateur, you
experiment with antennas very regularly. In the past, I have built as
many as 4 in as many days.

Do you want me to send you the addresses of some I have seen blown down
so you can go and tell them what they did wrong?

I don't like to communicate with stupid people.

Dave