Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Are these car brakes worn?

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 23:32:56 +0100, geoff wrote:

Anyway, I phoned around and found a chap who would do it for 60

quid.

once in 15 years, its not worth joining the RAC.

Always been my philosophy

Think how much I've saved in nearly 40 years of driving

How much does the lack of hassle cost in at?

No idea - not had it happen in 38 years

Try phoning around to find a chap to come out, recover you and do the
repair late on a Sunday night when you are 200 miles from home and
don't know the area or it's garages. Or if the car will take a day or
two to repair getting you home or to a hotel and a hire car
delivered... Both paid for.

A wage slave can just phone up and say "the cars bust, I won't be
in", it doesn't matter to them they'll still get paid(*). A
freelancer doesn't get paid unless they do the work.

The boss of a proper company just phones in and says he'll be late

get a less pikey job

--
geoff