Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

Default Radio Antenna On Chimney ?

On 18 Jul,
"the_constructor" wrote:

Yes, I am a licensed radio ham. Jim G1SSO located in County Durham.

I'n not far south of you, about 400 metres out of Co. Durham, G3V..

The bracketry I was thinking of is something like this:

http://www.aerialshack.com/inch-chim...ket-p-346.html

That's a handy site, I've been looking for 2.5 inch V brackets at a price
without exhorbitant postage. I put up a TV aerial on a 10ft pole on T&Ks on
my side wall recently. I've been since inundated with marauding crows, whose
early morning antics managed to loosen the brackets (mounted with 8mm
expanding bolts into bodger Ba**et's finest bricklaying) due to the whip in
the (too thin wall) 10' ali pole. I've replaced the expanding bolts with 10mm
resin fix ones (in different bricks) and the pole with a 2" dia ali 8'
scaffold pole surmounted with a cranked pole for the aerials, to get them
away from over the path so they can use the gutter for what birds do over
cars.

So far this had done the trick, but I had to bodge the u bolts to fit the
larger pole. I now have the correct size on order.

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply