Big Tim

Default CCTV Video Capture

Tydraig wrote:

The set up is as follows

Compaq PII 400mhz 394meg ram running Windows 2000, 6 gig hard drive for the
operating system. the two 10gig hard drives for each camera and a network
card.

I have an infrared illuminator to the rear of the property and a standard
pir coach lantern at the front which give illumination during darkness.

The software is the standard trust software that came with the card, it time
and dates stamps the video that it captures. I have it set up to capture
only when there is movment detected in the feild of view of the cameras. you
can mask out area's of each image and set up individual trigger levels for
each channel.

you can set it up to record continusly if required

Regards
Tydraig

Well I can certainly put together that hardware setup with what I have
at home.

The Coach Lantern seems like a good idea for illumination and maybe a
front door camera. I noticed last night that the light I have at the
front to light my way home is behind me when I get to the door and so
I'm casting a shadow on the front door. So if I had a peephole camera
in the door, I wouldn't be able to see a face because of the
backlighting.

Time to do some more research I think.

Again, thanks for the info.

--
Big Tim
RD400E, Bandit 12, XR400R (in length of service order)