Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default printer pieces anyone

"Wes" wrote in message
"Bill Noble" wrote:

my brother's laserjet IIIP just died - anyone still use those? it has a
good 92275A toner cartridge (just refilled), and I would expect all the
electronics except the power supply to be good - so if you need anything
drop me a note - I've tossed the case and stuff, just kept the boards and
fuser, but recycling doesn't get picked up until Monday if you want a
plastic part

email me at the address shown on my web site below - pretty much pay
shipping and whatever you need is yours - I put a few things on ebay
because
they seemed like they might have a chance:

Printers sure have lost value. I have two panasonic dot matrix printers
in the garage.
The wide one is likely going into dumpster this afternoon after I remove
the stepper
motor. I remember paying something like 424.00 for it back when 424.00
was real money.

The 8 1/2" wide version is going to live a while longer since I have a
serial interface
for it that I've had for about 15 years and never installed. It might
find a use or not.
Either way, smaller storage footprint.

For the last few years, anything I wanted to print, I send to pdf creator
which acts as a
print device for me. As long as I can display a document on a screen, it
tends to get the
job done for me now.

Wes
--

sometimes you need hard copies - like for friends with no computer, or to
read and mark up - but yes, printers have certainly lost value - this one