Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default impact screwdriver

"mm" wrote

Had one in my tool box since the 1960's and it was the only thing that
would disassemble the early Honda motorbikes for repair. Worked well

Ah, you too!

I had a Honda 50 that blew the main gear inside the motor. The big round
one with all the teeth. I was bound and determined to fix it, as I didn't
have the money to have the shop do it. My dad was a machinist. He came out
to find me putzing with getting those screws out. "Wait a minute, here's
what you need." Yes, it was. Poink! Out! And so good that you could
actually reuse the machine bolt on reassembly. I miss Dad.

Steve