Tydraig

Default CCTV Video Capture

The set up is as follows

Compaq PII 400mhz 394meg ram running Windows 2000, 6 gig hard drive for the
operating system. the two 10gig hard drives for each camera and a network
card.

I have an infrared illuminator to the rear of the property and a standard
pir coach lantern at the front which give illumination during darkness.

The software is the standard trust software that came with the card, it time
and dates stamps the video that it captures. I have it set up to capture
only when there is movment detected in the feild of view of the cameras. you
can mask out area's of each image and set up individual trigger levels for
each channel.

you can set it up to record continusly if required

Regards
Tydraig

"Big Tim" Use.the.reply.to@address wrote in message
Tydraig wrote:

I have been using the trust card for the last 12 months with two cameras
covering the front and rear of my property. I have had no problems at all
with this setup, and I even manage it across the internet from work using
Remote admin and an Adsl connection.

I bought a cheap second hand PII 400 pc for £40 and put the trust card in
that with two 10gig hard drives and put it on my home network without a
monitor, keyboard, or mouse and away you go.

It's worked without fault for the last twelve months, the hard drives

last
on average two weeks before I have to clean them up.

In all its a very good option.

That's what I thought too. I'm particulary interested that you're
running it on a 400mhz PC as I'm contemplating using one of my
"retired" PCs as the processer.

I've oodles of disk space, or rather disks hanging about so space
shouldn't be a problem. But, are you using recording everything or
just when something triggers the cameras?

--
Big Tim
RD400E, Bandit 12, XR400R (in length of service order)