Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Unsticking a frozen back brake cable

On 7/17/2010 2:39 PM, Steve B wrote:
"Jim wrote in message
4...
Smitty wrote in newsrestwhich-
:

In ,
wrote:

WD-40 is more than up to this challenge.

Totally agree, but you won't convince SteveB of that. He believes WD-40
is an adhesive.

no,it's just not worthwhile to use. and it does gum up over time.

--
Jim Yanik

I doubt you'll convince SmittyTwo of that. His mind seems to be made up.
And you may not have any other opinion than his.

But, I do agree. WD40 is for temporary lubrication, cleaning, and other
uses, but it does gum up over time, or is just a sand magnet.

Steve

ACTUALLY, it's not a lubricant at all. It's a water displacer.

And it is certainly not a penetrating oil.

--
Steve Barker