Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Are these car brakes worn?

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Liquorice"
saying something like:

Twice I've been in a car that suffered brake failure of one side of a
dual circuit braking system and guess what? - the pedal did buggerall
with the second circuit.

One assumes you did what anyone who "knows how to drive" would do. ie
press the pedal *far* harder than normal and if you run out travel,
or get close to running out of travel, pump it fast and hard.

Of course I did. Useless.