Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Are these car brakes worn?

"Ste" wrote in message

On accasions when the job has needed doing and I have been too busy to
do it mself I've been charged up to £600 + VAT by a main dealer for
replacement of two disks and pads. If I buy all four disks, calipers and
pads from a motor factors, using original parts, I can expect to pay
£260 for the parts. The price of the calipers includes the brake pads.
The main dealer marks these prices up to three times the parts cost and
then charges almost as much again to fit them.

Lol. You wuz robbed, mate.

Without a doubt, the main dealer I use doesn't charge any extra on parts and
is frequently cheaper than the "genuine" parts sold at the motor factors.